Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Beauty Treatment for Nana

Photobucket

Now these little perks don't cost more than a glass of milk and some cookies, but they're soooo worth it. Today I had a Nana Special, compliments of my 2 and 4 year old grandaughters and their eager little hands. All it took were a few small items . . . a brush and comb, some cotton balls, a hand towel and 5 or 6 empty odd shaped plastic containers (for make-believe). The expensive part was my willingness to sit motionless on the floor for about 30 minutes and let the little ones "make Nana pretty".

Oh, they were so busy, going back and forth with their pretending.
I had my hair parted, combed and fluffed . . . in twenty different directions, cotton balls stuck to my eyelashes, make-pretend lotions and creams, shampoos and nail polish . . . just like a day at the Spa! The difference was that after every treatment, my patience was rewarded with little rosebud kisses and teddy bear hugs and the magic words when they handed me my mirror . . . "See, Nana, now you look beautiful!!"

These days fly by like passing clouds, but they'll never leave my heart, nor the heart of my daughter, who watched her little busy bees at work, remembering herself small like them . . . once upon a time.

No comments: